Page updated 7-12-2019
The Virginia Literacy Foundation provides funding, training, and technical support to non-profit adult literacy organizations throughout Virginia.
- Serving as a leader and convener in promoting literacy across the lifespan, especially early literacy, adult literacy, workforce education, and family literacy
- Providing funding for early literacy through the ExCELL program and for community based literacy organizations
- Developing or identifying innovative approaches and best practices to improve literacy instruction and to strengthen delivery of literacy services
- Delivering professional development and technical assistance based on best practices and innovative approaches to literacy providers statewide (including an annual statewide conference)
- Working with the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (including PIVA Pathways and PluggedInVA) and ExCELL to access subject matter experts in the areas of early literacy, adult literacy, English for Speakers of Other Languages, workforce education, and family literacy
About the VLF and its mission, services, and partnerships: