All VLF grant recipients, their volunteers, and their staff are eligible to attend trainings offered by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center and the conferences sponsored by the Virginia Department of Education’s Office of Adult Literacy.
Individuals interested in receiving free training should sign up with the Virginia Learning Center (VLC), which will allow you to sign up for virtual as well as onsite training. It’s easy, although if you have problems, contact Page Stirrup at (804) 828-6521 or email@example.com. She will walk you through the process.
Other groups eligible for training are:
- Adult Education (ABE/ASE/HSE/ESOL/IELCE)
- Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP)
- Community-Based Literacy Organizations/Volunteer Literacy Organizations (CBLO/VLF)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) state & local agency partners
- Workforce development partners & business partners
- DOC/Corrections & Institutions
Adult Education & Literacy Conferences are brought to you by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center with support from the Virginia Department of Education and with featured partners, such as Virginia’s Community Colleges.