NEW!! Workshop descriptions and schedule
The VLF (Virginia Literacy Foundation) and VAACE (Virginia Association for Adult and Continuing Education) are partnering for the second year to offer a joint conference!
Conference Theme: Adult Ed Works!
Dates: October 23rd and 24th, 2018
This exciting joint venture, whose theme is Adult Ed Works!, provides administrators and educators of public and private adult education and literacy providers and their collaborative partners with the opportunity to attend more workshops, meet colleagues from all over the state with a wider background, and see more vendors. Workshops for CBLO (Community-based literacy organization) staff and administrators will be offered, alongside workshops for public programs. Look for more information in the coming weeks!
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO FIND AND DOWNLOAD:
- Workshop Descriptions: VAACE.VLF Workshop Descriptions
- Final Schedule: 2018 VLF VAACE Conference Workshop Schedule
- This year’s conference registration fee, while more expensive than last year’s, include both lunches for both days. (Scroll down to view VLF reimbursements for nonprofit staff.)
- Food offered at the following times: full breakfast bar at the conference hotel, both lunches at the conference center, snacks and drinks from 4-7 pm at the hotel. A variety of restaurants are within short driving distance from the hotel.
- More vendors will be offered than at the stand-alone VLF conference, including New Reader’s Press.
- You will have more opportunity to network.
- Over 50 workshops are scheduled over two days (workshop schedule coming next week.).
- You will attend workshops in a state-of-the-art conference center.
- Two-room hotel suites are offered at state rate with kitchenette, a pull-out couch in the living/dining area, and a short, covered walk to the conference center.
- VAACE Membership fee includes COABE (Commission on Adult Basic Education) membership, a package worth $75.00 that comes with benefits, such as outstanding adult education and literacy resources and webinars based on research and best practices. Click on this link to view the COABE Manager Mondays Webinar Series-Advantage, which start November 6 and end December 17 this year.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION BY 10/10/2018
NOTE – This is important: Non-profit adult literacy program staff – to qualify for VLF reimbursement, please email Betsy Mathias at firstname.lastname@example.org, treasurer, with a list of yourself and all staff and instructors who have registered for the conference.
- Click here to download the Conference Registration Form– due date 10/10/18. (conference cost increases and reimbursement decreases after this date) or register HERE
- To use PayPal to pay for conference registration, click Use PayPal.
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
Download the PDF document at this link: VAACE.VLF Conference Schedule at a glance 2018
REIMBURSEMENT FOR NON-PROFIT STAFF
Please note that costs and reimbursements have changed since last year, although there are more benefits.
For questions about the VLF/VAACE Joint Conference, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org