Websites – Literacy
- How to Start an Adult Literacy Program, Virginia Literacy Foundation. This resource includes links to community-based literacy program start-ups, and faith-based, ESOL, library-based, and GED start-up programs.
- Facts and Statistics for Adult Education and Literacy Programs in Virginia and the U.S. Updated yearly, this resource was developed for grant writers and program managers by the VLF.
- Managing a Literacy Program, Literacy Works, Chicago. This online resource includes the following topics: Build and Manage a Literacy Program; Development/Fundraising Resources; Manage Volunteers; Recruit Volunteers (Chicago); and Retaining Students.
- Program Management, Florida Literacy Coalition. This site includes links to program management as well as manager/administrator resources, such as the Program Manager’s Toolkit.
Websites – General Nonprofit
- Free Management Library, Carter McNamara Authenticity Consulting, LLC. A broad, thorough, and comprehensive resource for all aspects of nonprofit management.
- National Council of Nonprofits Tools and Resources. Curated online resources.
- What Should Your Fund Development Plan Include? The Nonprofit Quarterly gives nonprofit organizations beneficial strategic advice. Click here to read the article.