This page is under construction.
Local and Statewide Workshops:
All VLF-funded programs and programs receiving Virginia Department of Education (VA DOE) grants are eligible to sign up for professional development (PD) workshops offered by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC). Staff of adult literacy programs not funded by the VLF, but who have developed a significant partnership with a public adult education program funded by the VA DOE may also attend. For eligibility, email Victoire Sanborn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Events for all professional development opportunities
- Virginia Learning Center (VLC) to access the workshops (you must sign up first.) For help signing up for VLC, contact Page Stirrup, email@example.com.
- VAELN (Virginia Adult Education & Literacy Network) for regular announcements about upcoming PD events. This listserv is free and you many unsubscribe at any time.
Annual VLF-Sponsored Conference, July 9-12, 2019:
Since 2009 the VLF has offered a two-day professional development conference for Virginia’s nonprofit community-based literacy program staff and volunteers. All adult literacy programs with 501(c)(3) status (or partnered with a 501(c)(3) organization) are reimbursed, which depends on whether they are participants or workshop presenters.
Click here to register for the 2019 conference, to be held in Roanoke, July 10-12.
National and Statewide Conference Calendar for FY 2019-2020
- Maine Adult Education Conference, June 19 & 20, University of Maine, Orono, Maine https://association.maineadulted.org/conference-2019/
- Adult Education & Literacy (AE&L) Conference, July 9-12, Roanoke, VA Registration information
- GED Annual Conference, July 24-26, Swissotel, Chicago, Illinois, Click here for information. https://web.cvent.com/event/643ddfd7-75f0-44fc-9447-bb65a4f24118/summary
- Mini one-day conference, Adult Literacy Resource Center, DC Public Library, in September, TBA, https://www.dclibrary.org/services/adult
- ProLiteracy Conference on Adult Education Sept 25-Sept 28, 2019, San Diego, CA https://proliteracy.org/Professional-Development/ProLiteracy-Conference
- 2019 NCCCAEA (North Caroline Community College Adult Educators) Conference, Sept 25-27, Durham, NC http://www.ncccaea.org/current-conference/
- AAACE Annual Conference (American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, October 8-11, 2019, Hyatt Regency, St. Louis at the Arch https://www.aaace.org/page/2019STD
- VAACE (Virginia Association for adult and Continuing Education) Conference, October 22-23, 2019, Hampton Hotel Conference Center and Spa https://vaace.org/2019-vaace-conference/
- National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) Conference, November 4-6, Louisville, Kentucky https://conference.familieslearning.org/
- NCTN (National College Transition Network), November 11-13, 2019, Cambridge MA https://www.collegetransition.org/nctn-conference/overview/
- TESOL 2020, Ma 31-April3, 2020, Denver, CO https://www.tesol.org/attend-and-learn/international-convention/tesol-2020-call-for-proposals
- COABE (Coalition on Adult Basic Education), April 5 – April 8, Baltimore, MD http://www.maaccemd.org/2019-conference/
- VCCS (Virginia Community College System Conference), Spring 2020, TBA, Click here for updates
- Florida Literacy Conference, Spring 2020, Information updated here: https://floridaliteracy.org/floridaliteracyconference.html