WE HAVE JOINED FORCES WITH THE VA-DOE AND VALRC. This year the Virginia Literacy Foundation is joining the Virginia Department of Education Office of Adult Education and Literacy and the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center in offering a conference for program staff, instructors, and volunteers of Adult Education (ABE/ASE/HSE/ESOL), ISAEP, CBLOs/VLF, WIOA state & local agency partners, workforce development partners, DOC/Corrections & Institutions.
About the VLF and its mission, services, and partnerships:
Date: July 10 – 12, 2019 at the Blue Ridge Hotel and Conference Center, Roanoke, VA
Theme: Access, Equity, Opportunity
Registration Fee: $40 (registration begins early April)
UPDATE! Conference proposal deadline extended until April 17th! Two staff from partner organizations will receive VLF reimbursements. Click here to enter C-Vent to sign in and submit your proposal electronically. You will be sent a link to your proposal via email for future edits. Click on this link and follow instructions. Look for contact information at the bottom of this page if you need help. PROPOSAL DEADLINE IS NOW APRIL 17th.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS can be made now. To receive the group rate ($93.00+tax) along with the 72-hour cancellation policy, please call the hotel directly at 540-563-9300. Give the code: AEL07.
Reimbursements for the staff and volunteers of community-based literacy organizations:
- Double occupancy hotel room at state rate, fully reimbursed
- Single occupancy hotel room, $50 per registered attendee
- For presenters: Registration fee and single occupancy hotel room
A call for workshop proposals will go out at the end of February
Virginia Literacy Foundation:
- VLF workshop proposals: Vic Sanborn: email@example.com
- VLF reimbursements: Ginger Hilleary: lvf320 @gmail.com
- Other VLF questions: Rita Layne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center:
- Conference coordinator, all other workshop proposals, and hotel information: Katherine Hansen: email@example.com
- Help with registering in VLC or for the conference: Page Stirrup: firstname.lastname@example.org